Success Tips to get an IELTS 9 in Speaking
Scoring IELTS 9 in speaking is possible but after careful planning. It requires a focus and study for months. We are here with some guidance. Moreover, the outcome depends on good grammar and a large vocabulary. Also, there is an element of psychological factors like confidence as a person, and natural way to be talkative.
- Face to face session can be intimidating.
- A candidate has to wait for an hour after the three sections of this test before commencing the speaking test.
- Scoring well requires deep thinking.
- The candidate has to elaborate on answers and generally speak more using complex grammar and uncommon vocabulary.
- It is not a conversation at all and requires talking which the examiner listens.
- Additionally, all candidates have to impress the examiner.
It is an exercise involving showing language skill. There is a classroom with one table having a stopwatch and a recorder.
IELTS speaking is more than a test of skills in the English language. It involves a social and psychological component also. Here one cannot separate language from content.
- There must be a focus on the word – Elaborate. Candidates get a topic to talk about for 1-2 minutes.
- There is a paper for preparation and the next step is talking about a situation and explaining it. If it is a very personal experience, thought or emotion also, one has to talk in front of a complete stranger.
- Explain the situation well.
- You can tell a fictional story.
- Another important point is to use good language and create an impression.
- The best way is to use intricate vocabulary and fine grammatical structures.
- The sentences must be flowery as well as engaging and on the topic also.
- The examiner can ask some interesting questions, and there can be scientific literature supporting the facts.
- Have a fire burning you up.
- Listen and answer each question politely, and in an intelligent manner.
- Care to make it a profound experience.
- Draw upon ideas you came across in the past and make them appear philosophical.
- Candidates can also use rare vocabulary.
- The two ways to talk about any Task are in a concrete manner or in an abstract manner.
- Talk about a situation and offer a proper Explanation.
Using the concrete nouns
Using the concrete nouns which are related to real things is very important. They are touchable and things you can see. They are indeed common words. You can sound like others. Some of the test takers want to stand out than others and they need to above the rest then they need to use uncommon and infrequent language. It should be the language that the examiner never hears.
Know the abstract nouns
They are related to un-real things, which one cannot touch or see. And they are uncommon words.
- You must sound different than others and also put yourself in a category above others.
- Talk about things, unlike others.
- Go beyond normal and average and focus on talking about abstract ideas.
- Speak such abstract words that are rare.
- Also, use a set of words that explain interesting and unfamiliar concepts.
The significant point here is in order to impress the examiner and also get a score of 9, be ready to speak regarding abstract concepts. Use vocabulary exclusively reserved for aMoreover, the outcome depends on good grammar and a large vocabularybstract concepts. Combine it with it some simple or complex grammar. You are sure to see the result as an IELTS 9.
Focus on these tips and embrace the success you deserve.
Teach5 works on the philosophy of bringing guidance and tips to solve IELTS and PTE. The aim is to help our patrons in a big way and boost their confidence by conducting classes, online and offline to answer it well. Please contact us for further details.