Smart tips to write Task 2 Essay in I.E.L.T.S Writing
Writing Problem / Solution Essay
The Writing of Task 2 Problem / Solution Essay in I.E.L.T.S, is a test of the capacity to write regarding a problem and suggest the remedies. You get a statement concerning a strong and present issue and have to answer two questions.
The basis of questions
The first asks you regarding identifying the cause of it, and the second, seeks a solution. It involves analyzing the question to ensure that you understand the question. It is of assistance in highlighting underlining the major keywords.
A typical I.E.L.T.S Problem / Solution essay can seek an answer to an urban issue. It will ask the causes and also ask suggestion to solve it.
- Before writing such an Essay, have a plan.
- Know the main causes and solutions. At least two problems and two solutions are necessary.
- It should cover an introduction, two paragraphs and also have a conclusion.
- Each paragraph must have a topical sentence stating the central idea.
- The sentences at the top should signify that this is the reason/cause of the issue; and then discuss the proper solutions to it.
- Use appropriate vocabulary of cause/ effect for explaining the reason the problem.
Introducing the causes
- A major cause of this issue is ….
- Possibly the major cause here is …
- The primary cause of this event is …
- Another cause here is …
- Yet another cause is—-
- This factor also plays a major role in …
- …… is usually responsible for ——
In case of uncertainty add verbs may or might, which add information about the main verb and help in giving a suggestion
- Another cause may / might be …
- Also write regarding the effects and the results.
Ways of introducing and proposing solutions
The question will be on a set of solutions and hence there is a need of using linking for solutions for instance:
- First and primarily,
- Another solution here is
- Moreover, in addition, furthermore,
Also do not forget or exceed time and go for editing the write up.
Make sure you:
- Correct the spelling mistakes
- Subject and verb agreement
- Grammar and use of the definite and indefinite articles
Writing introduction of an Essay
- Write a general statement regarding the problem in the introduction.
- Restate the question in your own unique manner.
- State that there are many causes for a problem and also suggest some solutions.
The model introduction to the Essay question
Make the introduction in sentences:
- Firstly make a general statement regarding the topic.
- Put the question in a unique way
- Suggest that it is a controversial/ serious issue, discuss it and give valid suggestions
- Discuss some possible solutions for effective implementation to lighten the problem.
The first Paragraph must have a Discussion of two problems. The second Paragraph must have a Discussion of two solutions and this must be followed by a brief conclusion. Please follow these tips and success will be yours.