Go-to Books for IELTS preparation
I.E.L.T.S. is a popular test in English language that requires substantial preparation. There are numerous books in the market, which provide reference material, to make the preparation efficient and easy. Presently, we bring a compilation of the names of the books which are useful and effective.
The Official Cambridge Guide to I.E.L.T.S.
- It is a Publication of Cambridge, with a complete focus on tips to succeed in the I.E.L.T.S.
- It also contains guidance on all the four sections of the Exam and has a set of instructions regarding each task.
- The content has an aim of helping to build the skills which are put to test in the IELTS. Moreover, it provides tips to take up the test and a strategy to capitalize on band scores
- It has 10 Practice Tests for the Academic/General Training modules
Cambridge I.E.L.T.S. Series 10 –12
- The Cambridge University Press Cambridge publishes I.E.L.T.S. 10-11-12 and also has learned test writers as their authors. It offers a hands-on experience to take tests. There are Actual Examination Techniques’ in it.
- Furthermore, it contains guidance on all the four sections of the I.E.L.T.S. in both formats of Academic/General Training
- Moreover, It includes four Test Materials for the I.E.L.T.S. in Academic and General Training formats
- Also there is a relevant Q & A section and sample responses for writing tasks
- The latest edition of I.E.L.T.S. 12 was published in May 2017 and stresses on the Practice Tests
English Collocations in Use
- This book has a focus on improvement in writing and speaking skills. It gives importance to pronunciation and accent.
- There is a focus on improving formation of sentences in English and also helps in shedding the influence of mother tongue while speaking.
- It has 60 lessons, followed by practice exercises. Additionally, there are 1500 group of words which are routinely used together.
English Vocabulary in Use
- This is an important book for practicing and improving vocabulary
- It is useful for the native English speakers,
- Additionally it has an explanation of meanings and usage and a few practice exercises
- It comprises of 100 comprehensive units, with 3000 new words
- This is a top vocabulary resource for the writing and speaking tasks, helping to get a high score
- This book is helpful to build the I.E.L.T.S. skills and strategies
- It contains a thorough description of the test in Academic/General Training formats
Official I.E.L.T.S. Practice Materials Volume 1 & 2
- This book is a compilation of material writers and top and experienced examiners of ‘Cambridge ESOL’
- The aim of creating it is to help the candidates to prepare well for the test. It has many sample questions in all four sections
- There are sample responses with the examiners’ comments.
- It is an exercise in familiarizing the candidates about assessment and scoring of the I.E.L.T.S.
Improve your Skills Series
- Its material has three preparation courses
- The I.E.L.T.S. Skills – Reading focuses on improvement of academic reading skills and techniques to take tests
- It is an ideal accessory for candidates who have to struggle in reading and comprehension,
- The I.E.L.T.S. Skills – Writing focuses on improvement of their formation and structuring of sentences
- It helps candidates to improve their vocabulary and word usage.
- Moreover, it is Suitable for candidates at all levels,
- The I.E.L.T.S. Skills – Listening & Speaking has practice exercises for improving skills in listening and speaking